Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- FEATURED: Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI) Deploys Second Global Infrastructure Component
- OOI Conducts Cruise To Complete Work on Cable Infrastructure in Pacific Northeast
- OOI Preliminary Data – Now Available
- ASL Environmental Sciences Inc. to provide Un-Cabled Bio-acoustic Sonar Instruments for Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI)
- OOI Participates in USA Science & Engineering Festival With Ocean Experiment
- Program Update – May 2014
- Program Update – April 2014
- Program Update – March 2014
- Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI) Deploys Coastal Infrastructure Components
- Deep Profiler Test
Tag CloudAGU autonomous underwater vehicles axial seamount cable installation construction phase continental shelf cowles deployment schedule fiber optic cable gliders hole oceanographic institution hydrate ridge instrument platforms juan de fuca juan de fuca plate juan de fuca ridge mooring moorings national science foundation networked infrastructure northeast pacific ocean ocean observatories initiative ocean processes ocean sciences ooi optical cable oregon state university pacific city oregon photo tour program update public engagement regional scale regional scales request for proposals RFP rsn science workshop scripps institution of oceanography sensor systems slocum glider station papa undersea cable water column whoi woods hole oceanographic institution
FEATURED: Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI) Deploys Second Global Infrastructure Component
In September, the OOI team deployed their second high latitude, global site in the Irminger Sea, Southeast of Greenland.
NEWS AROUND THE OOI
Posted on July 22, 2014The Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI) this month will embark on an aggressive cruise to complete construction of the cabled component of the OOI infrastructure in the Pacific Northeast known as the Regional Scales Node (RSN). See Live Streaming Video Here.
Posted on July 3, 2014Preliminary data from the Pioneer Array are now available on the OOI Website! Just click the Data button on the homepage.
ASL Environmental Sciences Inc. to provide Un-Cabled Bio-acoustic Sonar Instruments for Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI)Posted on June 12, 2014The Consortium for Ocean Leadership (OL) and the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) announced ASL Environmental Sciences Inc. will provide Un-Cabled Bio-acoustic Sonar Instruments for the Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI) Coastal and Global Scale Nodes (CGSN).
Posted on June 11, 2014Thousands of young aspiring scientists and oceanographers with their families and teachers got a hands-on lesson on how to measure ocean properties from members of the OOI team during the 2014 USA Science & Engineering Festival in Washington, D.C., last month.