Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- [OOI IN THE NEWS] OOI Highlighted in Secretary Kerry’s Remarks at Our Ocean 2015 Conference
- [OOI IN THE NEWS] Gulf Stream Ring Water Intrudes Onto Continental Shelf Like ‘Pinocchio’s Nose’
- FEATURED: Successful Turn of the Irminger Sea Array
- FEATURED: 2015 Cabled Array Cruise, A Success for OOI Infrastructure and Scientific Discovery
- [OOI IN THE NEWS] The Plan To Create A ‘Fitbit For The Oceans’
- OOI Construction and Data Status Update: August 14, 2015
- OOI Team First to See April 24, 2015 Eruption of Axial Seamount
- Station Papa Array Annual Maintenance and Profiling Glider Deployment
- Axial Eruption Site Identified – Bathymetric Survey Data Available Online
- OOI Construction and Data Status Update: July 19, 2015
Tag CloudAGU agu fall meeting american geophysical union autonomous underwater vehicles axial seamount continental shelf cowles deployment schedule Endurance Array from the director gliders hydrate ridge juan de fuca juan de fuca plate juan de fuca ridge mooring moorings national science foundation networked infrastructure northeast pacific ocean ocean observatories initiative ocean sciences ooi optical cable oregon state university pacific city oregon photo tour program update public engagement regional scale request for proposals RFP rsn rutgers university science workshop scripps institution of oceanography sensor systems slocum glider station papa status update system status undersea cable university of washington whoi woods hole oceanographic institution
NEWS AROUND THE OOI
Posted on October 9, 2015Secretary Kerry highlighted the Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI) as one of the United States projects committed to preserving the ocean.
Posted on October 6, 2015Ocean robots installed off the coast of Massachusetts have helped scientists understand a previously unknown process by which warm Gulf Stream water and colder waters of the continental shelf exchange.
Posted on September 1, 2015The 2015 Cabled Array cruise marked the completion of installation at the Cabled Array, provided a first look at the April 2015 Axial eruption site, and led to the discovery […]
Posted on August 24, 2015This fall, an integrated infrastructure of sensor systems will sprawl, swim, and anchor itself across our oceans as part of the Oceans Observatories Initiative, a project 10 years in the making.