Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- Axial Eruption Site Identified – Bathymetric Survey Data Available Online
- OOI Construction and Data Status Update: July 19, 2015
- [OOI IN THE NEWS] Students, Researchers at Sea Working on Recently Erupted Deep-Sea Volcano
- FEATURED: Deployment of the Final Ocean Buoy at the Endurance Array
- Pioneer Array Mooring Deployments and AUV Testing
- [OOI IN THE NEWS] PBS News Hour – The Challenges of Wiring up at Undersea Volcano
- [OOI IN THE NEWS] Oregon State University Scientists Plug Into Undersea Circuitry To Sense And Analyze The Mysteries Of The Ocean
- OOI Bottom Pressure Preliminary Data Now Available Online
- OOI Construction and Data Status Update: June 16, 2015
- New OOI Help Desk Now Available
Tag CloudAGU agu fall meeting american geophysical union autonomous underwater vehicles axial seamount construction phase cowles deployment schedule Endurance Array from the director gliders hydrate ridge juan de fuca juan de fuca plate juan de fuca ridge mooring moorings national science foundation networked infrastructure northeast pacific ocean ocean observatories initiative ocean processes ocean sciences ooi optical cable oregon state university pacific city oregon photo tour program update public engagement regional scale request for proposals RFP rsn rutgers university science workshop scripps institution of oceanography sensor systems slocum glider station papa status update undersea cable university of washington whoi woods hole oceanographic institution
FEATURED: Deployment of the Final Ocean Buoy at the Endurance Array
On June 2nd, an OOI team led by Oregon State University set out on a cruise to deploy the final ocean buoy of the Endurance Array on OSU’s R/V Pacific Storm.
NEWS AROUND THE OOI
Posted on July 22, 2015On April 24th, 2015, the Axial Volcano, situated on the Juan de Fuca plate 300 miles offshore, erupted one-mile deep in the ocean and we saw it.
Posted on July 21, 2015The OOINet Build 5.1 integrated solution is working, pulling data through the uFrame software for visualization in the user interface, with Alpha I Testing completed on June 21.
Posted on July 21, 2015When an underwater volcano erupted in April off the Oregon coast, researchers knew within minutes that something spectacular was happening more than 300 miles offshore.
Posted on July 10, 2015An OOI team, led by Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), conducted the fourth phase of infrastructure deployment for the Pioneer Array during 28 April - 14 May on the R/V Atlantis.