Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- MESSAGE FROM THE DIRECTOR – April 2015
- FEATURED: Southern Hemisphere Deployments Photo Tour
- [OOI In The News] Sea Technology Magazine – “Reaching Farther With Cabled Ocean Observatories”
- OOI Observation and Sampling Approach Now Available Online
- [OOI In The News] The Economist – “Wiring the World Below”
- OOI Deploys Fourth and Final Global Array
- Program Update – March 2015
- Program Update – February 2015
- Michael Vardaro Selected as OOI Data Manager
- OOI Drops Anchor on the Southernmost Surface Mooring – 55oS, 90oW
Tag CloudAGU agu fall meeting american geophysical union autonomous underwater vehicles axial seamount cable installation construction phase cowles deployment schedule fiber optic cable gliders hydrate ridge juan de fuca juan de fuca plate juan de fuca ridge mooring moorings national science foundation networked infrastructure northeast pacific ocean ocean observatories initiative ocean processes ocean sciences ooi optical cable oregon state university pacific city oregon photo tour program update public engagement regional scale regional scales request for proposals RFP rsn rutgers university science workshop scripps institution of oceanography sensor systems slocum glider station papa undersea cable water column whoi woods hole oceanographic institution
FEATURED: Southern Hemisphere Deployments Photo Tour
In February, an OOI team, led by Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) installed one global surface mooring, one global profiler mooring, two flanking moorings, and a glider at the OOI Southern Ocean station at 55oS, 90oW.
NEWS AROUND THE OOI
Posted on April 30, 2015For those of you who don’t know me I’m Mike Kelly, the Director of OOI since the beginning of this year.
Posted on April 29, 2015The OOI Cabled Array was featured in the March 2015 issue of Sea Technology Magazine. The article can be found online here.
Posted on April 20, 2015Now available online is the OOI Observation and Sampling Approach documentation that will provide the user community with information on the operation of the various in situ sensing elements of the system (sensors and mobile platforms).
Posted on April 19, 2015Last week an article was published in The Economist highlighting Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI) infrastructure and our path toward commissioning in June 2015.