Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- Message from the Director: Important Update on OOI Status and Completion
- FEATURED: OOI Continues Deployments at the Pioneer Array
- Program Update – September 2014
- Program Update – July 2014
- Program Update – June 2014
- Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI) Deploys Second Global Infrastructure Component
- OOI Conducts Cruise To Complete Work on Cable Infrastructure in Pacific Northeast
- OOI Preliminary Data – Now Available
- ASL Environmental Sciences Inc. to provide Un-Cabled Bio-acoustic Sonar Instruments for Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI)
- OOI Participates in USA Science & Engineering Festival With Ocean Experiment
Tag CloudAGU autonomous underwater vehicles axial seamount cable installation construction phase continental shelf cowles deployment schedule fiber optic cable gliders hole oceanographic institution hydrate ridge instrument platforms juan de fuca juan de fuca plate juan de fuca ridge mooring moorings national science foundation networked infrastructure northeast pacific ocean ocean observatories initiative ocean processes ocean sciences ooi optical cable oregon state university pacific city oregon photo tour program update public engagement regional scale regional scales request for proposals RFP rsn science workshop scripps institution of oceanography sensor systems slocum glider station papa undersea cable water column whoi woods hole oceanographic institution
FEATURED: OOI Continues Deployments at the Pioneer Array
An OOI team, led by Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), set sail on the R/V Knorr October 3 for a 9-day cruise to deploy the third-phase infrastructure of the Pioneer Array at its location off the coast of New England.
NEWS AROUND THE OOI
Posted on November 24, 2014The OOI project is moving toward completion of the construction phase and has successfully deployed, over the past few months, additional Coastal, Global, and Cabled systems.
Posted on October 20, 2014In September, the OOI team deployed their second high latitude, global site in the Irminger Sea, Southeast of Greenland.
Posted on July 22, 2014The Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI) this month will embark on an aggressive cruise to complete construction of the cabled component of the OOI infrastructure in the Pacific Northeast known as the Regional Scales Node (RSN). See Live Streaming Video Here.
Posted on July 3, 2014Preliminary data from the Pioneer Array are now available on the OOI Website! Just click the Data button on the homepage.