The Consortium for Ocean Leadership is pleased to offer this Request for Proposals (RFPs) to support the development and implementation of the Education and Public Engagement (EPE) Implementing Organization (IO) within the Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI).
The OOI is a National Science Foundation (NSF) Major Research Equipment and Facilities Construction (MREFC) project. This RFP will lead to a subaward for the continued evolution of the design, implementation, and operation of the EPE infrastructure of the OOI.
Because the OOI is a research and education facility and will involve researchers and students in all aspects, proposals will only be accepted from academic institutions, academically led academic/industry partnerships, or not-for-profit research and education centers that work closely with universities conducting graduate level research programs in oceanographic and/or the broader geosciences. Institutions and organizations are encouraged to develop creative EPE partnerships and collaborations that build on the highly integrated network of the OOI.
- Release of RFP: May 14, 2010
- Deadline to RSVP (ooiepe [at] oceanleadership [dot] org) for Bidder’s Conference: June 4, 2010, 5:00 PM ET
- Bidder’s Conference: June 11, 2010, 12:00 PM-6:00 PM
- Required Letter of Intent to Respond Due: June 18, 2010, 5:00 PM ET
- Questions Due: June 23, 2010, 5:00 PM ET
- Answers Provided (by OL): July 7, 2010, 5:00 PM ET
- Proposals Due: August 13, 2010, 5:00 PM ET
- Award Date: September 2010
The documents listed below will be required in order to fully respond to the RFP:
The documents listed below are suggested for review in order to craft an informed response to the RFP:
- OOI Cyberinfrastructure Education Requirements Workshop Report
- Royce, W. (1998) Software Project Management: A Unified Framework. NY: Addison-Wesley, 406 pp. (Note: External link not endorsed by Ocean Leadership)
For your convenience sample Excel worksheets have been provided to assist in assuring that budget details submitted match what is required by OL. (If you elect to use the worksheets to create your budget, you are cautioned to confirm that the tabulations are correct.)
We have also provided PDF versions of the required forms:
- Form A: Letter of Intent to Respond (Required and Due to OL by June 18, 2010, 5:00 PM ET)
- Form B: OOI Conflict of Interest
Thank you for your interest in the OOI EPE project. Please remember that all questions and correspondence regarding this procurement must be directed to the Ocean Leadership Director of Contracts and Grants, Jeanine Hubler (contracts [at] oceanleadership [dot] org).