The Direct Covariance Flux sensor measures vertical fluxes associated with eddies in the flow over the ocean including the exchange of heat, moisture, and momentum between the ocean and the atmosphere.
This instrument records the following data products. To learn more about a data product, select its name.
- Direct Covariance Flux of Heat (FLUXHOT)
- Direct Covariance Flux of Momentum (FLUXMOM)
- Direct Covariance Flux of Moisture (FLUXWET)
- Turbulent Humidity Fluctuation (MOISTUR)
- Platform Direction and Tilt (3 axes) (MOTFLUX)
- Relative Humidity (RELHUMI)
- Turbulent Air Temperature (TMPATUR)
- Wind Velocity in 3 Dimensions (WINDTUR)
The OOI includes the following instrument models for this instrument type.
Primary Science Discipline