The Direct Covariance Flux sensor measures vertical fluxes associated with eddies in the flow over the ocean including the exchange of heat, moisture, and momentum between the ocean and the atmosphere.
This instrument measures the following data products. Select a data product's name to learn more.
- Direct Covariance Flux of Heat (FLUXHOT)
- Direct Covariance Flux of Momentum (FLUXMOM)
- Direct Covariance Flux of Moisture (FLUXWET)
- Turbulent Humidity Fluctuation (MOISTUR)
- Platform Direction and Tilt (3 axes) (MOTFLUX)
- Relative Humidity (RELHUMI) DPS
- Turbulent Air Temperature (TMPATUR)
- Wind Velocity in 3 Dimensions (WINDTUR)
The algorithm code used to generate this instrument's data products is also available in the ion-functions GitHub repository.
Instrument Models & Deployed Locations
The OOI includes the following instrument makes and models for this instrument type. Follow the links below to find out where in the OOI this instrument has been deployed. You'll also find quick links for each instrument to Data portal, where you can plot and access data.
Primary Science Discipline
FDCHP on the Data Portal