The Horizontal Electric Field, Pressure and Inverted Echo Sounder (HPIES) is an instrument that utilizes a bottom pressure sensor, an inverted echosounder and a horizontal electrometer to provide insights into the vertical structure of current fields, near-bottom water currents, and water properties including temperature, salinity, and specific volume anomalies.
This instrument records the following data products. To learn more about a data product, select its name.
- Vertically Averaged Horizontal Water Velocity (VAHWV) (IESAHWV)
- Water Column Heat Content (IESHEAT)
- Bottom Pressure (IESPRES)
- Roundtrip Acoustic Travel Time (RATT) (IESRATT)
- Horizontal Electric Fields (IES_HEF)
- Water Property Profile Time Series (IES_WPP)
The OOI includes the following instrument models for this instrument type.
|HPIESA||Sanford, UW||cabled HPIES|
Primary Science Discipline