A Spectrophotometer measures optical attenuation and absorption by characterizing the way seawater absorbs and scatters light. These combined measurements indicate sample turbidity.
This instrument measures the following data products. Select a data product's name to learn more.
- Optical Absorption Coefficient (OPTABSN)
- Reference Absorption (OPTAREF)
- Signal Absorption (OPTASIG)
- Optical Beam Attenuation Coefficient (OPTATTN)
- Reference Beam Attenuation (OPTCREF)
- Signal Beam Attenuation (OPTCSIG)
- Temperature from OPTAA (OPTTEMP)
The OOI includes the following instrument makes and models for this instrument type. Follow the links below to find out where in the OOI this instrument has been deployed. You'll also find quick links for each instrument to Data portal, where you can plot and access data.
|OPTAAC||WET Labs||AC-S Deep|
Primary Science Discipline
OPTAA on the Data Portal