A Spectrophotometer measures optical attenuation and absorption by characterizing the way seawater absorbs and scatters light. These combined measurements indicate sample turbidity.
This instrument records the following data products. To learn more about a data product, select its name.
- Optical Absorption Coefficient (OPTABSN)
- Reference Absorption (OPTAREF)
- Signal Absorption (OPTASIG)
- Optical Beam Attenuation Coefficient (OPTATTN)
- Reference Beam Attenuation (OPTCREF)
- Signal Beam Attenuation (OPTCSIG)
- Temperature from OPTAA (OPTTEMP)
The OOI includes the following instrument models for this instrument type.
|OPTAAC||WET Labs||AC-S Deep|
Primary Science Discipline