The Hydrothermal Vent Fluid Temperature and Resistivity sensor measures the temperature, resistivity, and eH of the mineral-rich fluid plumes that emanate from cracks on the seafloor, providing insight into the sub-surface structure and dynamics of these unique habitats.
This instrument measures the following data products. Select a data product's name to learn more.
- Vent Fluid Chloride Concentration (TRHPHCC)
- Vent Fluid Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP) (TRHPHEH)
- Resistivity R1 (TRHPHR1)
- Resistivity R2 (TRHPHR2)
- Resistivity R3 (TRHPHR3)
- Vent Fluid Temperature from TRHPH (TRHPHTE)
- Thermocouple Temperature (TRHPHVC)
- ORP Volts (TRHPHVO)
- Thermistor Temperature (TRHPHVS)
The OOI includes the following instrument makes and models for this instrument type. Follow the links below to find out where in the OOI this instrument has been deployed. You'll also find quick links for each instrument to Data portal, where you can plot and access data.
|TRHPHA||Lilley, UW||Vent Temperature & Resistivity|
Primary Science Discipline
TRHPH on the Data Portal