The Hydrothermal Vent Fluid Temperature and Resistivity sensor measures the temperature, resistivity, and eH of the mineral-rich fluid plumes that emanate from cracks on the seafloor, providing insight into the sub-surface structure and dynamics of these unique habitats.
This instrument records the following data products. To learn more about a data product, select its name.
- Vent Fluid Chloride Concentration (TRHPHCC)
- Vent Fluid Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP) (TRHPHEH)
- Resistivity R1 (TRHPHR1)
- Resistivity R2 (TRHPHR2)
- Resistivity R3 (TRHPHR3)
- Vent Fluid Temperature from TRHPH (TRHPHTE)
- Thermocouple Temperature (TRHPHVC)
- ORP Volts (TRHPHVO)
- Thermistor Temperature (TRHPHVS)
The OOI includes the following instrument models for this instrument type.
|TRHPHA||Lilley, UW||Vent Temperature & Resistivity|
Primary Science Discipline