[UPDATED: 1/11/2011 / Click here]
The Consortium for Ocean Leadership, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Ocean Leadership”), with funding from the National Science Foundation, is soliciting proposals from qualified organizations interested in providing Optical instruments and related services to support the objective of the Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI). The OOI will construct a networked infrastructure of oceanic sensor systems to measure physical, chemical, geological, and biological variables in the ocean and seafloor. The measurement of temperature, conductivity, and pressure from which salinity and density of ocean water can be calculated is vital to our understanding of many of the crucial scientific questions to which the OOI can provide answers.
Two classes of optical instruments are being procured: Optical Attenuation and Absorption (OPTAA) instruments, and Downwelling Spectral Irradiance Instruments (SPKIR). Vendors may choose to propose either or both classes of instruments. The two classes of instruments may be awarded separately or both classes may be awarded to the same vendor. The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to select Offeror(s) who will provide the optical instruments needed as described in Section C and in accordance with the specifications stated in Section J, Attachments J-1, J-2, and J-3. The Contract(s) resulting from this Optical Instrument RFP will be an Indefinite Quantity Contract (IQC) with Delivery Orders (DO) funded and awarded individually post-award as a firm fixed price (FFP) award.
The RFP addresses all of the specifics associated with this award. Special attention should be paid to Section L, Instructions to Offerors, and Section M, Evaluation Factors for award.
This RFP does not obligate Ocean Leadership to award any contract or DO nor does it commit Ocean Leadership to pay for any costs incurred in the preparation and/or submission of proposals.
The documents listed below are for informational purposes and may be of assistance in responding to the RFP:
- CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT PLAN
- SYSTEMS ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT PLAN
- FINAL NETWORK DESIGN
- December 28, 2010: RFP issued
- January 6, 2011: Bidder’s conference
- January 7, 2011: Deadline for submitting questions
- January 12, 2011: Responses to questions posted
- January 26, 2011 4:00 p.m. EST (1:00 p.m. PST): Proposals due
The Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI) project of the Consortium for Ocean Leadership conducted an Informational Bidders’ Conference for the “Optical Instruments on Fixed Platforms” RFP on 6 January 2011 at 1:00 PM EST. The following materials and updates are provided:
- Informational presentation on the OOI program and RFP.
- Amendment 1 to RFP Section C with updated URL in the table on page C-3.
- Amendment 1 to RFP Attachment J-7 with revised Table L-2.
- Amendment 1 to RFP Attachment J-8 with revised Table L-6.
- Questions and Answers from the Bidder’s Conference and those submitted by e‑mail.