The OOINet Build 4 integrated solution is working, pulling data through the uFrame software for visualization in the user interface, but is not yet completed. We will complete this, and conduct Alpha Testing on 15 June. Due to the amount of additional time working to integrate Build 4, the project is in the process of requesting an extension of the CyberInfrastructure construction through October 2015. This extension will allow us to deliver the functionality and capabilities required for completion of OOINet. In light of these delays, we are making plans for incremental releases of pre-commissioned data starting in July. Below is the proposed completion schedule.
Key Construction Milestones:
- June 15 – Integrated and tested OOINet Build 4 Complete. Start of Alpha testing (internal)
- July 15 – Integrated and tested OOINet Build 5 Complete
- July 17 – Integrated and tested OOINet Build 5 Complete. Start of Load and Beta testing. (Beta testers include existing Alpha testers, and a number of science community members. Criteria for selection of Beta testers will be released to our website by June 30)
- Aug 17 – Integrated and tested OOINet Build 6 Complete
- Sep 14 – Integrated and tested OOINet Build 7 Complete. Start of Final User testing.
- Oct 7 – Announcement of Commissioned System
We continue to provide interim delivery of the Cabled Array seismometer data through IRIS http://www.iris.edu/hq/. Bottom pressure data delivery through IRIS is taking longer than expected as the OOI team works to finalize the format. A separate announcement will be made in the coming days once data are available. Delivery of Cabled Array tilt meter and co-located temperature plots continue through Dr. Bill Chadwick’s website at http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/eoi/rsn/ .
The Pioneer Array has one remaining mooring and three gliders for deployment prior to the end of June 2015. We continue to evaluate the maturity of the AUV Dock and fuel cells for further development and inclusion during construction. The AUV Dock will be deployed for shallow water testing in mid-June.
An Endurance Array single day cruise departs today for installation of the Oregon Inshore Surface Mooring and two gliders. The remaining mooring and glider will be installed in mid June 2015.
The Cabled Array will complete its final construction with the installation of three Deep Profilers in July 2015.
The Station Papa maintenance cruise is in progress with the replacement of three moorings as well as the deployment of three Open Ocean Gliders and two of the new Profiling Gliders.
Upcoming maintenance cruises include: Cabled Array in July 2015, and Irminger Sea in August 2015.
The HelpDesk goes live this week. Our website will have an announcement along with the contact details.