OOI User Community and Colleagues,
We have been working on some improvements and streamlining of the OOI User Interface. Changes have been made to the format and functionality of the initial landing page, platform information pages, plotting capabilities, and data catalog. Hopefully these changes result in improved usefulness of the site and upgraded ability of users to locate and use data of interest.Preview the new OOI User Interface
We are making the new site available now in order to get feedback on user experiences before it officially replaces the existing user interface.
Please send any feedback or recommendations to email@example.com no later than September 16th.
The site will continue to be enhanced and more capabilities will be added over the next few months as our list of planned upgrades are completed. We also plan to continue upgrading the site based on your user feedback. The existing user interface is still available (here). You may continue to send feedback after the 16th, but we will use the information we receive before then to determine how we proceed with the next phases of the new GUI rollout.
As you explore the site, please note that there are a few known issues to be aware of during testing. You are free to test any areas of the site, but there is already work underway on the following items:
- Landing page array maps are being updated to include detailed bathymetry and as-designed locations of individual platforms to provide a better idea of where assets are deployed.
- While searching through the data, you may encounter some blank location, depth, or deployment fields. This is due to an overhaul of asset management information behind the scenes.
- Plotting of acoustic data (e.g. ADCP) using binned pseudocolor plots is a work in progress. The option is available, but results may not be formatted correctly.
- Currently only parameters from a single data stream can be shown on a single plot. If you attempt to add parameters from another instrument or multiple streams, you will receive an error message indicating the lack of interpolation functionality.
- Platform-level visualization of status information for instruments in the water using a standard color-code is in progress but not yet implemented.
- A History and Status page for mobile assets (gliders and AUVs) is under construction. This page will allow for visualization of ideal glider lines and actual glider tracks based on GPS position.
- A site tour overlay for the new site’s functionality is being prepared, and will be added to based on your feedback.
OOI Graphical User Interface Team