The best place to learn more about the OOI API is on the OOI M2M Interface information page, which includes documentation and examples on using the API to programmatically access data from the data portal.
You may also be interested in the following examples, developed for the 2018 OOI Early Career Data Workshops held at Rutgers University.
- Synchronous Requests & Basic Plotting
- Introduction to the OOI M2M Interface (aka the API)
- Example 1 – Requesting OOI Data in NetCDF Format
- Example 2 – Plotting OOI Time Series Data (from NetCDF files)
- Example 3 – Plotting DO Profiles (and more) from NetCDF data files
These examples were developed by the Rutgers OOI Data Team: Sage Lichtenwalner, Friedrich Knuth, Lori Garzio, Mike Smith and Leila Belabbassi.