All raw data from all platforms and instruments are stored by OOI, including Antelope data (hydrophones and seismometers). However, the OOI also delivers a subset of the total stored raw data via the Raw Data Archive.
Data in the Raw Data Archive (based on the current size) are:
- All uncabled raw data for an initial period of 10 years
- All cabled raw data (minus Antelope and HD Video) for an initial period of 10 years
- An initial period of 6 months of broadband hydrophone (HYDBB) data
- An initial period of 6 months of full-resolution HD Video data (.mov files)
- An initial period of 10 years of compressed HD Video data (.mp4 files)
All uncabled raw data currently in the system = ~1.3TB, cabled non-A/V raw data currently in the system = ~1.1 TB, and large format A/V data (HYDBB and HD Video) = ~50 TB.
Data removed from the Raw Data Archive for space reasons are not ever deleted. The data not directly accessible in the Raw Data Archive will be made available to users upon request, via a mechanism that will vary depending on the amount of data requested. See this entry for more details.
— Last revised on May 30, 2017 —